Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gosh Darn It...

Why is it that I am still intimidated by some of the girls I went to high school with? I'm not the same person that I was back then, and I would hope they aren't either. High school is a hard time for most people, it sure was for me. So, even though I understand that, why is it that those girls intimidate me. I am curious about what they are doing with their lives now, but I refuse to add them to my friends list on Facebook or myspace or whatever. All those insecurities that I felt when I was 16 come back. What are they going to say about me to each other? I'm sure this is more a reflection of feelings that I am hanging on to from that time than it is actual feelings or thoughts they still have, but still!! I feel like ... well, like "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"

6 comments:

Clarissa B. said...

i like you! the other day at dinner Chantal brought up the same thing and mommy said that she used to feel like that also, that everyone was always gossiping about her and that no one liked her and stuff and then she realized "why do i think that everyones lives revolve around me!? and if they do, and all they have to talk about it me- then thats AWESOME!" it was pretty funny. but i totally agree- i hated HS and thats why i left! girls can be so mean, and sometimes they never do grow out of it. but you can still be their friend on facebook, its not like you actually have to talk or anything. haha!

Tiffany said...

My sister registered on Classmates.com and now is getting contacts from people we went to high school with. I think she's crazy. I don't want to hear from any of my long-lost classmates.

I'm stopping by from SITS.

Louisa Claire said...

Gosh this is so true! A couple of girls I went to high school with but wasn't close to read my blog...because everyone is friends with everyone on FB...and sometimes I wonder what they think about me and the life I am living now...have to just forget it and get on with it. I think everyone has the same insecurities, some are just better at hiding it than others...I could be totally wrong of course! Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the flutterbug comp! More fun giveaways to come...have a very Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Ugh. I could have written this post. Although I added my old boyfriend's wife on facebook because I wanted to see pictures of his family. But yeah, insecure was my middle name in high school. Heck, what am I talking about?? Insecure is STILL my middle name.

MaricrisG said...

Hey Charmaine! If the ghost of the pasts will start haunting you by adding your HS friends in FB then heck with it! There's a lot more at FB that you can do besides adding "old" friends. It has now evolved more into a social network that you can connect with others! You can connect with me! I'll tell you a secret, all my friends there are NOT my friends from anywhere or from my past! lol! Anyway, thank you for visiting my blog. I didn't even realize I got me some comments there. Hope to connect with you soon.

Maricris
http://brownisthenewcolor.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

high school IS an awkward stage in life. Hopefully people who have graduated from H.S. no longer have the mentality that comes with it!